Call of the Wild


The green ribbon with its cute green leaves is what inspired this entire design.  I just thought it was cute and so I let that take me wherever.  It started with playing around with the background where I allowed the inks to flow in both directions after some modelling paste through a stencil.  I then saw these old incense sticks I have kept (because crafting makes you save everything, just in case!)  So I managed to use a few of those up and then I rummaged through my wooden Kaisercraft embellishment stash and found a few things and then we started with the paper.  Built it up, wove the ribbon around and stuck it down in a few places to ensure it stays but does not interfere with the photo area.  

I then went out and walked around the yard as I needed some white feathers and I just know that one of my chickens or the visiting cockatoos would have left me some somewhere.  Found, glued and a few other bits and pieces.  A little birdy in the corner and some white splatters and design is complete.  it is very cute and I really love it.  I left all the wooden embellishments in their natural state as they worked perfectly. 

All designs are one off and are available for purchase, framed in a beautiful shadow box frame.  For more information go to our website www.jacobicreations.com

smiles, Delia

Here are the close ups







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'

Halloween Colours - A Nice Mix