Flower Power with Hero Arts and A2Z scrapbooking

Flower Power is the theme of the month over at A2Z scrapbooking this month.  Literally, say no more!  I do believe we have already established that I loooove flowers.  Not in my garden though, just in my art!  I prefer non-flowering plants in my garden - strange, I know!!

So, using the Hero Arts Digital Download called Pretty Blossoms I coloured the flowers in photoshop and then printed them out on gloss photo paper and fussy cut them out.  I started with some white card and clear gessoed it so that it was prepared for future textures and sprays.  Using a Kaisercraft flower stencil I used white embossing paste and applied that to the background and them mixed some white embossing paste with some "Polka Purple" from Lindy's Magicals and applied that through a Prima stencil.  My favourite Lindy's Magical is "Oom Pah Pah Pink" and so I lightly sprinkled some of that over the embossed background and hit it with the water spray and it certainly worked its magic.  The pink is surely my favourite as the gold shimmers so perfectly in this one the most.  After that, there is the usual building of the photo matte and then finding appropriate pieces of ephemera to use and applied my Digital Hero Arts flowers.  I also used some of the Altair Art butterflies to finish off the decoration.





Ok, that's it for today, I had much enjoyment creating this layout and I hope you like it too.  I do love to create and to be honest, it is simply therapy and very much a need.  Now I can no longer work, I still desire to be creative and very much need to be so otherwise I would lose my mind I am sure.  Some people golf, some people exercise, some people fish or camp or whatever, me, I just like to be creative and with my sickness of fibromyalgia and arthritis, this is a really great outlet for me to get the creative juices out.

Take care people, be kind to each other and always take the time to smell the flowers in your journey through life.

smiles, Delia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Halloween Colours - A Nice Mix

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'