Fun in the World of Fantasy









Much fun to be had with this design - it is funny how designs for me just evolve.  I don't have things picked out beforehand.  I just wing it as I go along and take inspiration as it comes.  That is how I cook also - it all works out in the end!
These are the papers that came in a new scrapbooking kit subscription I have and they are Kaisercraft papers, mostly with a water theme and so I ripped them and layered them up.  Then on went some wave stencilling with white modelling paste and then out came all the blue and green sprays I own.  I have Ranger and Kaisercraft sprays and though the Kaiser ones are not waterproof, they have a great depth of colour to them.  I also pulled out a white spray and did some gesso splatters.  It did take quite a bit of spraying to get the look I was after and even then I was not sure that I had it right.  But with the right amount of playing and splattering, drying and going again, it turned out perfectly.
The photo matt, I decided to leave off and just frame the photo areas simply with blue card, giving the eventual photo a thin blue border.  then it was time to simply play with the design again, though, not sure I stopped!  hehe  Out came the gel and some sandy modelling paste and I mixed them together and added some art stones, glitter and stuff to give it some texture and ran this along the edge of the paper rips, almost so it looks like the tip of little waves.  I also did this a few times in order to get it to look the way I wanted.  I then put on some tiny shells and found a strip of pearls where some of them had gotten ruined off their sticky strip, so being one who hates to allow things to go to waste, I used them and that is what inspired the pearl dribbles and I do so love that part of the layout.

Then it was time to rummage through my shells that have been collected over the years from many beach walks and glued them on, but more awesomely, I found this bit of coral and got out my Viva Inka Gold pastes and coloured it up.  It looks so gorgeous.


I then fussy cut the butterflies and layered them across the top, not my favourite activity as my hands and scissors do not agree.  I found some hessian and removed some strands to make it into a fishing net and then finished off the design with a few flowers, small amount of ephemera and the all important, bling.  Ready to have its final photo's placed and framed and it is done.  Will it be your photo's?  Go to www.jacobicreations.com to view the entire gallery of work for sale.

Here are some additional close ups.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Fabscraps C100 Album