Showing the versatility of a Hero Arts Digital Download

As a design team member for A2Z scrapbooking, I have been using digital downloads each month and this month I chose to use the Poetic Petals digital download from Hero Arts.  This pack has four really beautifully sketched flowers, plus some papers and some embellishments.  I got to post three times this month and I used the same digital download each time to show the versatility of digital downloads.

The first layout I did hybrid style, printing out the flowers at different sizes and colouring them in.  I once again used my Chameleon pens and also some pencils.  I cut these out and then arranged them around the photo area so it was if the photo is being surrounded by a bouquet of flowers.  At this stage the layout was a tad flat and I don't really do flat layouts, I like layers and depth, it is just more interesting.  Plus height gives you a bit more room to play with by tucking things underneath.


Next up I went completely digital and used the flowers in my background panels and then I also used them like a stamp in the background of the flowers and photo panel.  The theme for scrapbooking this month at A2Z scrapbooking is Bright and Beautiful.  I do believe these two fill the brief so far!



And for my final piece, I went back to paper and really wanted to use them just as black and white.  So I am going with bright white and beautiful for this one.  I actually did a card, now I am not a card maker at all, I am not really into fiddly and neat and perfect.  My hands have had too much of a hard life for that.  However, I did enjoy doing this card, even if it is simple, it is elegant and effective.  I just thickened up the flowers a bit for this card and layered them up on top of an embossed leaf panel, some ribbon, an embossed sentiment and we are all done.


So, that's it, using a digital stamp, three different ways.  Digital stamps make a great alternative when on a budget.

Here is the link for the digital stamp set that I used from Hero Arts.  Use code Delia15 to get 15% discount.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the blog

Orange Love

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art