Black, White and Yellow are a Cheery Combo


Such cheeriness, aided muchly by the bike on top of the yellow.  This was a fun layout to work on, it must be the colours.  I guess black and white make it easy and then one other colour cuts down the options, so it just seems easier to find things that go, perhaps just quicker.  Gosh, sometimes going through ephemera can be so draining, I have sorted it out into colours now and that seems to work better than whatever I had it as before.  Room is always the issue in my craft area - I always need more of it, though I do have a plan on building something easy and a bit different shortly.  I do look forward to that, just got to work out how it can work in my strange space.  No mind, all that for another day.

Ok, so back to the marvellous artwork.  I love bikes, I loved riding them, in fact, I lived on mine as a child, a bike was freedom and we had lots of space to enjoy just that.  Anyway, groovy paper I have liked in my stash for a while now and then hunted down 2 other smaller KaiserCraft pads I had that were just black and white and one with some yellow.  I also used a KC stencil which just looked so pretty and perfect, so when dry, I traced around it roughly using a black pen just to highlight it a bit more.  Found some filmstrip in my stash of Silhouette cuttings and then built up my layers for my photo matt.  I glued it down and then I had this marvellous idea of putting some rivets into it, so that was interesting, but it worked brilliantly as I tied off the banner across the photo area.  I didn't do any stamping, mostly because I generally forget to do it - sometimes I go back and do some and I might yet.  Even from these photos I have gone back and put some sparkles on it - can't help myself.  On went the flowers and bits of ephemera.  Everything I do is so highly considered, I try so hard to be messy and pointless, but I just hate wastage, I really, really do, it gives me the irrits.  

Either way, a pretty design always manages to emerge and so here it is.  I have entered this into the Let's Get Sketchy challenge for May, make sure you get your entry in too.  Follow their blog at Lets's Get Sketchy.  Enjoy.  Visit our website at www.jacobicreations.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'

Fabscraps C100 Album