Pretty in Pink



If you asked me to pick my top 10 favourite colours, pink would not be one of them!  However, it constantly manages to creep into my artwork.  Weird.  This layout was done for the More than Words challenge for the month of April, which is black and white, plus one and using the word "Dream".  I forgot about the Dream part as you will see, so perhaps it won't get entered after all.

This candy floss pink is such a pretty colour and coupled with black and white, it is just so elegant and classy.  I had alot of fun with this design, playing with the ribbon initially to see if I liked it curving along, but it worked brilliantly and the left over ribbon then got threaded through the cut panel that sits behind the image panel.  I had a little play with Lindy's Magical Shakers using it in my modelling paste to create pink.  The variance of colour in these shaker colours is truly extraordinary, yesterday, I used it to make red modelling paste and it was the most vibrant red and then today, it is this soft pink.  I love that they are so versatile and I know I will be buying one of every colour very soon!

There is also much Kaisercraft product in this layout, many flowers, ephemera, even the ribbon and the die cut leaves.   The gems that sit upon the ribbon were gold and so out came the Viva Inka Gold and that soon became pink.  Worked so perfectly.  The panel that the ribbon sits upon was cut out using my Silhouette Cameo and the flowers come from all sorts of sources.  I am not one for keeping things in their packaging, I get too excited.

All finished now, but there is no place for the word "Dream", so it will not get entered as I am not prepared to ruin the layout for a word or a competition.  It is too pretty anyway.  Here are some close ups for you to enjoy.  If you had to design black, white and one other colour, what would that colour be?

Please enjoy.  Visit our website at www.jacobicreations.com
All pieces are for sale, either framed in a shadow box frame or without.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'

Fabscraps C100 Album